Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of April 9, 2012

As I head out for Opening Day in Denver, I bring you this week’s Suzy Stumbles Over Travel. In case you are new to this site, each week I ask writers and readers to submit their favorite travel post of the week. I read each submission, comment, tweet the article on Twitter, stumble the piece using Stumbleupon and post a link to the article on my Facebook page. The following week I select my five favorites to be featured here and the stumbling begins again into the next week.

Just a few things to keep in mind, please only submit one post per person each week. Your submission must be travel related. Please leave a link to your post in the comment box below rather than sending it to me on Twitter, Facebook, etc. You have until the end of the day on Friday to leave your submission. Anything left past Friday will be carried over into next week’s submissions. I will get busy promoting the articles by the end of the day on Sunday. Be sure to follow me on Twitter, subscribe to my stumbles on Stumbleupon and “like” me on Facebook to make sure I give your post the attention it deserves. Check back here next Monday to see if your submission made my five favorites of the week.

The 5 Favorites of Last Week

You Don’t Choose A Life, You Live One” From A Girl With Gumpton

Submitted by Melanie

After the Peace Corps, Melanie returns home to the USA, choosing to settle into to a settled life with an apartment, 9 to 5 job and all that goes with the two. What she discovers is that this step is not necessary for her to live the life she wants, a life a travel.

The TSA Strikes Again” From The Epic Adventurer

Submitted by Julia

Julia recounts all of the troublesome reports about the TSA in the United States. She complies several links to news articles in case you have missed some of the injustices of the TSA. Travelers going through airport security might want to think twice about just allowing such an agency to take civil liberties, and in the process put a damper on traveling in the US.

Old Copán—Copán Archaeological Site, Honduras” From Trans-Americas Journey

Submitted by Eric

Trans-Americas Journey share their experience of visiting the Copán Archaeological Site in Honduras. The UNESCO World Heritage Site consists of hieroglyphic stairs, secret tunnels and loads of history. The post breaks down the price of each attraction at Copán, weighing if each and every ticket entry is worth the price.

That Time We Tried To Make Sense of Russia” From Ready Set Jet

Submitted by Gillian

Gillian tries to make sense of Russia, at 2AM no less. She tackles its many superlatives, the country’s bests and worsts. She battles with the images of the country she created in her mind before seeing the very sights for herself.

Meteora, Greece: A Hard Act To Follow…” From The.Most.Alive

Submitted by Ash

Ash provides us with some eye candy and a want to head off to Northern Greece. He explores an area known as Meteora, the Suspended Rocks. The landscape of large sandstone rock formations litters with six monasteries. Ash spends some time hiking around these rock monsters, lending enough inspiration to get up and go do yourself.

Don’t forget to leave your submission in the comment box below. You have until the end of the day on Friday to submit.

Comments

1. says

Thanks so much Suzy for selecting my post on Meteora this week!

I hope it encourages people to go out and visit some amazing places on the Mainland of Greece where the locals are in need of a little help from the friendly tourist dollar…

Eye candy? I wasnt in any of the shots? haha ;)

Thanks again, hope you had a great Easter…